Tuesday, 6 January 2015

My 2015 Goals

So, I’ve finally got around to recording the video and sharing the Trello board that I created with my 2015 goals.

My 2015 Goals!

You can see the board of My 2015 Goals here.

“Business”

I will have easily released the Blue Skies mobile app by June 30, 2015 - This is a app for skydivers that I am putting together. You’ll see more updates on this as it comes closer to release!

I will easily have published a paid-for Kindle book by December 31, 2015 - This is a two-fold goal. It is a good reason to get me doing lots of writing (something I want to do more of) as well provide another source of income.

I will have easily produced a non-technical product by December 31, 2015 - This one is to push me outside my comfort zone. I’ve always been a tech-head. I get shy about making anything non-technical, let alone asking for money for it.

“Lifestyle”

I will easily own less than 100 items by March 31, 2015 - Pretty simple here, get back on the minimalism. While I’ve got complacent, my life has got cluttered. Time to de-clutter!

I will easily have my sleeves completed by December 31, 2015 - I’ve wanted my arms tattooed forever. Time to stop talking and start bleeding!

I will easily go to San Francisco for the Microsoft Build Conference on April 29, 2015 - I’ve wanted to check out the Microsoft Conferences for years. Line up for this last year looked great. Time to make it happen!

“Personal Development”

I will easily go through Tony Robbins’ Personal Power II by February 28, 2015 - Tony Robbins is amazing, and his programs are excellent. I may not end up doing “Personal Power II” but another course.

I will easily read 13 books by December 31, 2015 - I used to read - a lot - and it showed. I felt smarter. I used to consume so much information and just felt “on top” of everything. Time to get the reading back on track.

I will easily find ways to donate 5% of my income every month by December 31, 2015 - It’s well known that the secret to happiness is giving. It’s a win:win. Therefore it’s a no-brainer! The only caveat with this is that it has to be active giving (read: “not just a standing order to charity”).

“Health and Fitness”

I will easily be 72kg at 6% body fat by June 30, 2015 - Time to get the fat off that’s been slowly growing on me over the last year and get the muscle mass back up. This will be hard. Even once the fat is off, I have to work hard to hold muscle mass.

I will easily complete my P5 in Krav Maga by December 31, 2015 - Martial arts are awesome. I used to do Muay Thai and really miss it. Frankly, I also feel weak and out-of-touch. I’ve been interested in Krav Maga for some time and as a defence system, it’s really applicable for the street.

“Rule the Skies”

My biggest success from last year was to get my BPA ‘A’ Licence - qualifying me as a solo skydiver. Now, I need to progress my skills and knowledge (oh, and have a ton of fun in the process!)

I will easily complete 500 skydives by December 31, 2015 - this is a huge task! Honestly, I find it intimidating! The main reason for this - I want to jump The Palm in Dubai. Ideally for New Year’s 2016 - smashing this goal will have me well-prepared for this.

I will easily complete my CH2 by March 31, 2015 - CH2 (or “Canopy Handling 2”) is the next progression in canopy handling. I really want to invest a lot of time/energy into my canopy control - not only because I want to enjoy it more, but that’s the bit that saves your life!

I will easily complete my FS1 by March 31, 2015 - FS1 (or “Formation Skydiving 1”) is the qualification required to allow you to “flat fly” (belly-to-earth) with other skydivers. This means I can get out of the plane with my buddies and have some fun. Rather than being “forever alone” :)

I will easily do a helicopter jump by September 30, 2015 - Nothing much to say about this other than it looks awesome fun!

“Finances”

I will easily be consistently making £10,000 per month by December 31, 2015 - This is another one of the goals that kind of makes me squirm a bit. But for all the right reasons, it’s going to force me to get out of “contractor mode” and get my business growing more. Much needed. This will also lay a great foundation for 2016.

I will easily be consistently investing at least 20% of my income by December 31, 2015 - Having hit the “big 3-0” - I need to get more serious about laying my little nest egg for when I am an old man, covered in tattoos with crazy stories to tell ;)


To wrap up, I have a lot of work to do. However, I’ve already found myself getting pissed off with people saying “you need to be realistic” etc. I’ve thought long and hard about these goals.

“You need to be realistic.” - anonymous sheep

Yes, it’s a lot of work. But, they also compliment each other - in order for me to be able to skydive so much, I will have weekends away, less drinking and need more cash. These all compliment the fitness and finance goals. In order to make more money, I need to make more products!

To be honest, if I did just one or two of these goals, I would (sadly) be doing more than most.

What are you doing? What’s stopping you? Why?

Now go be awesome.

All the best and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment